Click on Schedule to Register
Parent & Child Event
Each child will get the chance to be Sherlock Bones for a day! They will embark on a journey, using inquiry-based and hands-on learning, to discover more about each of our Animal-Assisted Interactions Singapore (aaisg)dogs and their handlers.
Doggie Detectives is a humane education programme for kids. By engaging in guided activities with aaisg’s dogs and handlers, the Doggie Detective programme aims to foster respect, kindness and responsibility towards animals and thereby humans, with the use of inquiry based and hands on learning.
Messy Play is an unstructured play that allows children to be empowered and meet their sensory needs. Children often go into their flow zone as they have the freedom to make their own choices. Children who are allowed to have sensory play tends to self-regulate better.
Why Doggie Detective programme works
Studies have shown that teaching children kindness to animals will result in animal-directed empathy, which in turn can generalise to human-directed empathy.
Why Doggie Detectives?
Our caring canines provide a nonjudgmental, safe and conducive environment that promotes social-emotional learning.
Children learn about a growth mindset and resilience from our dogs and their handlers.
An opportunity for parents and children to bond in a stress-free environment and to learn new skills pertaining to emotional regulation and self-control.
Doggie Detectives Learning Outcomes
By engaging in interactive activities with aaisg’s dogs and handlers, through inquiry-based and hands-on learning, this programme will help children:
- To respect and be kind to animals and the people around them
- To think about what it is like to be in another person’s shoes
- To understand the importance of setting and respecting boundaries, as well as controlling impulses
- To understand that mutual respect is important in relationships with dogs and other people
- To read basic dog behaviour and identify which dogs are safe to approach
- To be confident when interacting with dogs
- Doggie Detectives
- Messy Art Play (materials provided)
Date & Time
Nov 5 (Sat), 10 – 12:30pm
10-11:30am Doggie Detective
11:30 – 12:30pm Messy Play
Age 4 – 12 years old
2 pax (1 adult and 1 child): $135
Each additional adult or child at $60 per pax
10 winstedt road, Blk B, S227977 (Newton) – beside The Malayan Council Restaurant Entrance
- Mosquito repellent
- Rain boots
- Extra clothes
- The hander’s dogs will be shared among the participants (you do not need to bring any dogs)
- This event is not suitable for individuals who are extremely fearful of dogs, or who are allergic to dogs. A safety briefing will be given to participants on how to interact with our aaisg dogs safely and respectfully.
- We will take down emergency contact numbers on the day itself in the event of any emergencies.
- Ticket is not applicable for cancellation or refund unless Mindful Space cannot commence or proceed with the activity.
- Tickets are transferable. If you can no longer attend, you can find family or friends to replace you. You can also try your luck to check-in if there is someone on the waiting list.
There will be no postpone to further dates.
- By signing up for this programme, you agreed to be contacted for future events via WhatsApp.
- WhatsApp +65 9783 7313 to be on the waiting list.
Terms and Conditions for Participating in the Activity
In consideration of Animal-Assisted Interactions Singapore Private Limited (“aaisg”) providing the opportunity for me/ my child/ ward to participate in the Activity, and my/ my child’s/ ward’s subsequent participation in the Activity, I, the Participant/ parent/ guardian of the Participant , accept and unconditionally agree to the following terms and conditions:
(a) I acknowledge and fully understand that there are dangers, risks (including but not limited to the risk of loss of life, injury, illness, loss or damage to property) and safety hazards inherent to the Activity. I confirm that my/ my child’s/ ward’s participation in the Activity is entirely voluntary, and I assume full responsibility for all risks of loss of life, injury, illness, loss or damage to property.
(b) I confirm that I am/ my child/ward is physically well and do(es) not suffer from any allergies to dogs.
(c) To the fullest extent permitted by law, I agree to release, waive and discharge aaisg (including its employees, servants and agents), from any claim and liability which may arise, directly or indirectly, from my/ my child’s/ ward’s participation in the Activity, and waive for myself, my child/ward, my heirs, assignees, legal representatives and all other persons claiming through me, the right to sue and/or claim against aaisg in respect of the same.
(d) To the fullest extent permitted by law, I agree to be solely liable for, fully indemnify and hold aaisg, its officers, employees and agents, harmless from and against:
(i) all liabilities, damages, costs and expenses arising from any claims, demands, actions, proceedings, recoveries, judgment or execution, damages, costs (including legal costs on a full indemnity basis and/ or reasonable solicitor’s fees), losses and expenses of any nature which aaisg, its officers, employees or agents, may suffer or incur, arising out of or in the course of or by reason of my/ my child’s/ ward’s participation in the Activity; and
(ii) all loss and/or damage to any property belonging to aaisg or others or any part thereof, its adjoining or neighbouring premises, and to all property therein howsoever caused whether directly or indirectly by me/ my child/ ward, arising out of or in the course of or by reason of my/ my child’s/ ward’s participation in the Activity.
(e) I acknowledge that photos of me/ my child/ward may be taken during the Activity and aaisg may use the image for publicity purposes (including using the images in magazines, newspapers and online media). I will inform aaisg prior to the Activity if I do not consent to this.
(f) aaisg reserves the right to modify, cancel or replace the Activity or any component of the Activity, without prior notice and at its sole and absolute discretion.
(g) aaisg reserves the right to exclude or deny me/ my child/ward from participating in the Activity if I do not agree to any of the abovementioned terms and conditions or if aaisg is of the opinion that I am / my child/ward is not suited for the Activity.
Stay updated with the latest events and workshops at: